Developing shortcuts from scratch, easier than it sounds
Developing an Apple Shortcut from scratch may seem like a complicated task, especially if you have no programming experience. However, thanks to Apple's task automation platform, developing a Shortcut from scratch has become easier than ever. In this article, we will explain why it is easy to develop an Apple Shortcut from scratch and upload it to Routinehub to share it with the community.
What is an Apple Shortcut?
Before we dive into the process of developing an Apple Shortcut, it is important to understand what an Apple Shortcut is. An Apple Shortcut is a task automation tool that allows users to perform multiple complex tasks with a single touch. Apple Shortcuts run in the Apple Shortcuts app on iOS and iPadOS devices, allowing users to customize and automate their daily workflow.
Why is it easy to develop an Apple Shortcut from scratch?
There are several reasons why it is easy to develop an Apple Shortcut from scratch. Here are some of the most prominent reasons:
Intuitive user interface - The Apple Shortcuts app has an intuitive user interface that makes it easy to create Shortcuts from scratch. The app has a large number of predefined building blocks that allow users to create their own Shortcuts without writing code.
- Support for multiple actions: Apple's Shortcuts app allows users to combine multiple actions into a single Shortcut. This means that users can create complex Shortcuts that perform multiple tasks with a single tap.
- Support for third-party integrations: The Apple Shortcuts app has support for third-party integrations, allowing users to integrate their Shortcuts with other popular apps and services. This means that users can create Shortcuts that interact with a large number of different services and applications.
- Active user community: The Apple Shortcuts user community is very active and has a wealth of resources and tools available to developers. This means that developers can get support and advice from the community and share their own Shortcuts with other users.
How to develop an Apple Shortcut from scratch?
- Developing an Apple Shortcut from scratch is a relatively simple process. Below are the basic steps to create an Apple Shortcut from scratch:
- Open the Shortcuts app: To get started, open the Shortcuts app on your iOS or iPadOS device.
- Create a new Shortcut: Once you are in the Shortcuts app, tap the "+" button in the upper right corner to create a new Shortcut.
- Add actions to the Shortcut: Next, add the actions you want the Shortcut to perform. You can choose from a wide variety of predefined actions, including actions to send emails, perform web searches and send text messages.
- Customize the Shortcut: Once you have added the actions you want the Shortcut to perform, you can customize the Shortcut to suit your specific needs. You can customize the names of the actions, add variables to the actions and add conditions for the Shortcut to perform different actions depending on certain variables.
- Execute the Shortcut: Once you have customized the Shortcut, you can execute it by tapping the "Execute" button in the lower right corner of the screen. The Shortcut will perform all the actions you have defined automatically.
- Save the Shortcut: If you are satisfied with the Shortcut, you can save it for future use. To save the Shortcut, tap the "Done" button in the upper right corner and assign a name to the Shortcut.
- Share the Shortcut: If you want to share the Shortcut with the Apple Shortcut user community, you can upload it to websites such as Routinehub. To upload the Shortcut, you must create an account on Routinehub and follow the instructions on the website to upload the Shortcut.
Why share your Shortcuts on Routinehub?
Routinehub is an online platform where Apple Shortcut users can share their Shortcuts with the community. There are several reasons why you should consider sharing your Shortcuts on Routinehub:
Active community: The community of Apple Shortcuts users on Routinehub is very active and offers support and advice to developers who upload their Shortcuts to the website.
Visibility: By sharing your Shortcuts on Routinehub, you are increasing the visibility of your creations and allowing other users to discover and use them.
Feedback: By uploading your Shortcuts to Routinehub, you can get feedback from other users in the community and improve your creations.
Knowledge sharing: Sharing your Shortcuts on Routinehub is also a way to share your knowledge and skills with other Apple Shortcuts users. You can inspire other developers to create their own Shortcuts and foster the growth of the community.