We are going to guide you through the process of changing the icon of any app on your iPhone, allowing you to customize it to your liking using the Shortcuts app and images of your choice. All of this will be accomplished in a few simple steps, making the process very quick and easy.
Throughout this article, we will detail the necessary steps to change the icon of an application on your iPhone, highlighting its advantages and also pointing out the drawbacks that may exist, since this process is not something that can be done natively. Let's take a look at all these details below.
How to change the icon of an app on the iPhone
Changing the icon of an app on iPhone is an extremely simple procedure. With the Shortcuts app and a few steps, you can do it and customize your iPhone according to your preferences. Before you begin, note that you will need images that work as icons, so make sure you have them stored in the Photos app. Here are the steps:
- Open the Shortcuts application on your iPhone.
- Create a new shortcut by selecting the "+" button located in the upper right corner.
- Assign a name to the shortcut.
- In the search field, search for "Open app".
- Add "Open app" action.
- Tap on the blank space and choose the desired application.
- Tap the "i" icon.
- Select "Add to home screen".
- Name the shortcut with the name of the application.
- Tap on the shortcut icon and choose the desired photo.
- Click on "Add".
That's it! Your shortcut will now work as a shortcut to the selected application. Note that this shortcut will have the photo you have chosen, but it is important to note that it will not behave exactly like a conventional app icon, as it will lack notification balloons and will consume a bit more battery when running a shortcut to open an app, although you can put a solution to this with a battery-saving automation. However, that's how simple it is to change the icon of an app on your iPhone.